Friday, September 12, 2008

Time flies....

...when life gets just a little too crazy for comfort. Can't believe 3 weeks just zoomed by like that. I was starting to get in a groove of posting a bit more often, then wham! Everything at once. I guess life is like that sometimes - feast or famine.

Anyway, I have a few posts to catch up on which I'll get to over the weekend, but the news at present is -
  • Ashley & Wendy are moving up to Auckland and will be coming to live with us. Actually Ashley's already here, Wendy arrives in just over a week. Emptying that spare room for them was such a good opportunity to have a huge clear out. Now that I've started, I just keep finding more and more stuff to get rid of!
  • Jo and I did our first real catering gig (not friends/family). We had loads of fun, a great set of helping hands on the night (Thanks Miss Wendy), great wine served to us by the host, good music in the background and were well paid. Who could ask for more?
  • Brian and Cathie are expecting-not sure on dates yet. Got the call from Bri 2 days after I emailed Cathie to tell her I had a dream about them buying all this baby gear!
  • My car died. First kept cutting out on me, then all the electrics went and poor thing went away on a transporter. I'd like to say to the car graveyard and my new one's coming any day, but reality is that it's off being fixed (hopefully) and after it's transplant (hopefully from a previously strong donor car), should be back with us sometime next week. It's been painful being down to one car!

No comments:

Post a Comment