Friday, April 16, 2010

Bugger, Bugger and Bugger!!!

I came home from ScrapCamp totally exhausted. It was a great week that started with the kids camp and then followed straight into ScrapCamp, which as always, was another great weekend (hugely extended weekend this time) away. Spending time with such fun loving, easy going ladies is always a pleasure. There were loads of laughs during camp and despite having so many other things to do, I managed to get 3 double layouts and 2 single layouts completed, so I was very happy with that.

Unfortunately, I pulled my sciatic nerve at camp and by the last day, it was really giving me trouble. After cleaning up, packing up and coming home, I was destined for a very early night. The next morning was agony with my nerve not responding to any pain killers. Another earlyish night followed. Tuesday was my wedding anniversary (14th) and Mike woke me with gentle kisses saying "happy anniversary", then headed off to work. I went back to sleep, but was woken shortly thereafter with a call from Mike to come and collect him from A&E. He had slipped at a job while carrying in the weed eater and broken his hand.

By now, I was limping with sciatic nerve pain and he was in pain with his broken hand sitting uncomfortable in a cast. Our plan had been to take the kids (and my nephew Matt who was staying with us) to Rainbows end, but that was just totally out now. The kids and I went out to the movies instead while Mike rested at home.

Wednesday morning we all went out to Mike's job to do what we could. I tried weed eating and a bit of mowing. Was pretty useless and in huge pain, as no doubt Mike was as well. I came home and cried. Wednesday afternoon I went and did a camp check out and the camp was in an unbelievable state, especially given how we had cleaned it at the start and end of our camp. I gave them an hour to clean up and went back, but there was really no difference and so in the end (as the next group was due to arrive 30 minutes later), I just had to kick them out and clean the camp myself, as I couldn't get a cleaner in at such short notice. So, Taryn, Jayden and I cleaned the camp, sweeping and mopping floors, cleaning the toilets, the urinal, the stove, microwaves and cleaning out the fridge which had beer and broken beer bottle glass in it. More agony and more tears, but at least there was a pay off for the work, as I made them pay the cleaning fee before they left.

So that was my week of crap (poor kids with it being their last week of school holidays) and as it has now been three things, I hope we are done for a while. We do still have however 4-6 weeks to get through before Mike's hand is mended enough for him to be back working by himself, but I'm sure we'll get through that. We've already had the help of his brother for the past 2 days - bless him, so hopefully that's the worst part over.

I'm thinking I should buy a lotto ticket now, as surely there has got to be somethings good come along soon to balance this all out - isn't that how it works? I hope so.


3 comments:

  1. OMG You have really had a crap week hun. If there is anything you need a hand with, let me know. Sending you hugs for speedy recovery for your sciatic nerve and Mike's hand. And well done to Taryn & Jayden for being extra special kids for helping out Mum and Dad when they needed it most. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh you poor thing, I both laughed and cried while reading what happened. Mike should really stop wearing his jandals to work...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al agreed with me Mike should stop wearing his jandals to work

    ReplyDelete