Thursday, January 3, 2013

My Word for 2013



It took me right till January 1st to finalise my word for this year.  I went through quite a few to find one that encompassed all I wanted to achieve in 2013.

There are things I want to change, fix, make better, develop, cultivate, increase, revamp and so many others that come to mind, that it was hard to cover it with one word.  I had thought of Action at first, but some of the things on my list actually involve a little less action on my part, so wasn't sure that it was such a good fit.

Finally I sat and looked at my list and asked myself what it was all the things I wanted to do really meant and it came down simply to improving my life - in every aspect, hence the word Improve for 2013.

My goal for this year is simple (although my list looks anything but simple):

Do 1 thing every day that improves my life (or that of my family, friends or environment).  It can be as small as making a regular family meal a little healthier, right through to doing a major outstanding renovation project on the house, but as long as it is 1 thing every day, then the only way is up!

Do you have a word or verse for yourself for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment