Friday, February 20, 2009

Bullies

I remember being bullied when I was young. On the way home from school 3 local girls (sisters) used to run by, push me over, call me names etc. It used to really upset me. Imagine my distress when Taryn came home to advise the same thing had started happening to her and a friend as they walk to meet me at the car by Jayden's school. The first incident was verbal. The second (on Tuesday) was an unprovoked slap around the head to Taryn's friend. Neither of them knew the girls name, but I was determined to put an immediate stop to it.
I picked the kids up after school, just a little way before where the girl was meeting them. We waited. The kids pointed the girl out and I got out of my car (camera in hand), zoomed in and took a couple of good photos. She looked at me strangely and then as she approached (preparing to walk past), I stepped in her way and let her have a few choice words. No swearing and I didn't touch her, just blocked her way whilst I said what needed to be said. I managed to stay calm, even though I wasn't feeling too calm! I let her know that she had been pointed out as the girl who was bullying (and had hit) my children (although one of them isn't really mine-but she didn't need to know that), I now had her photo and first thing in the morning I would be presenting it to the school principal. I also advised her that if she ever hit one of my children again, I would forward the photo to the Police and press charges for assault. I politely (well maybe not so politely) told her that she had just received the 1 and only warning she would get from me, then let her pass.
I phoned the school yesterday afternoon and provided all the information. Hopefully we have nipped this in the bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment