Saturday, March 7, 2009

Cautious Carrie

Cause it's been wet the last couple of days and my shoes had been worn so much that they had all but lost their tread and whoops, down I went. I was walking into the school hall just before the bell (luckily there was only 1 other person in there at the time), and as soon as I stepped off the safety of the mat, one foot went one way and the other one buckled and basically I ended up half kneeling down (hard). Damn those 'slippery when wet' type floors. Home for the ice pack! So the next day, I'm 9carefully) walking with Taryn in Birkenhead Mall, and whoops, down I go again, this time, straight onto the other knee! Really hard. Damn! The mall was full, double Damn! Taryn quickly asked if I was ok and getting up (which wasn't a pretty sight and I can assure you) and reassuring her I was fine, made way for her to giggle and say how funny it had looked. Oh thanks babe!!!
So I'm on the lookout for a nice cheap pair of summer shoes (with aqua tread) for those 'it looks like it may rain' days and at the moment, I'm super cautious. If it even looks like a slippery floor, you can bet I'm walking at snail pace and like one of those beautiful Japanese ladies who take the tiniest of steps.
Knee number two is currently being iced!

No comments:

Post a Comment