Sunday, May 16, 2010

Cuddles for the sick

Last Thursday I finally succommed to Taryn's sore throat/runny nose. She's had it for nearly 2 weeks, but it hasn't developed into anything else? I'd had it two days and developed a wee cough to go with it. By Saturday morning, I felt 'not too hot' and soon realised I also had the beginning of a sinus infection along with a bout of asthma (which I haven't had in nearly 2 years). Bugger. Straight onto antibiotics.

Around 2.30 Saturday, I was feeling pretty tired. Mike was out and Taryn was off doing her own thing. Jayden was watching TV. I lay down on the couch (a very strange thing for me to do) and asked if he could give me a wee cuddle (facing away from me for fear of spreading the germs...lol). He kindly obliged. I woke up 2 hours later when I heard Mike come in and Jayden was still there cuddled up to his sick mum. I haven't had cuddles like that for such a long time. 5 minutes is usually the max, my boy is usually just too darn fidgety for any longer. It was so nice - pity no-one got a picture of it, but I guess I'm the only one in the family who would think of taking the picture, but I was also the one asleep!

Feeling so sick doesn't seem half as bad when you get scrummy cuddles like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment