Saturday, February 2, 2008

Ah, what's another one?...

Ever heard the saying "if you want a job done, give it to a busy person"? Well I saw this from a different angle yesterday. A friend of mine had phoned to ask if Jayden would like to come over and play for a couple of hours. Now for those that don't know my boy, he's pretty full on (recently diagnosed with ADHD, which explains a lot) and whilst we love him dearly the occasional break away is cherished, but very hard to get as there are not many people I know that would offer to look after him. The funny thing is, sweet Kelly has 3 'full on' boys of her own. So I said to her, "Are you sure Kelly? He's a handful and pretty full on and you already have 3", to which she simply replied "Ah, what's another one?" Jayden had an absolute blast of a time, Kelly said he was well behaved the whole time and is welcome back any time. So what did I do with my time? I took Taryn and we got all the back to school gear, paid some bills, did some banking, finally went and chose the paint for her bedroom makeover then went for a coffee (well iced chocolate actually), just the two of us. How lovely that was! Thanks a million Kelly!

No comments:

Post a Comment