Saturday, February 16, 2008

My latest toy..

I'd heard about them, even seen them in a catalogue, but it wasn't till I saw it demonstrated that I said 'Yip, I want one'. Yeah I know, I'm a gadget junkie (I'm the same with kitchen appliances), but this is really cool! Really!! It punches through CD's effortlessly, no heating or soaking in hot water. One easy squeeze and it's done. Great with chipboard too. Setting eyelets is silent too, and just as easy. It has inter-changable setting fixtures so you can set different sized eyelets and even snaps. The guides mean you can punch a series of holes all at exactly the same distance in on the paper for a perfect line. It's one flaw is that you can't use it to punch holes or set eyelets very far into a page, so no good for say mounting a journal block in the middle of a 12x12 layout, but for that, I can just fake it. (Place eyelets on the journaling box, but adhere the actual box with adhesive). It's not goodbye to my regular tools and hammer yet, but I can certainly see this baby getting some serious use soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment