Monday, June 8, 2009

More Branches to the tree

Researching family trees can sure suck up the time, but boy is it interesting. So far I can recommend www.myheritage.com as a great place to start. It's free to create your own family tree and you can then publish it online. From there it checks for matches to other published trees within it's site and so far has proven very useful. I have also used www.genealogy.com and www.rootsweb.ancestry.com . I have now traced a branch of my husbands family back to marriage in 1580, with some very interesting relations along the way.

Even if you don't want to trace your family back through the generations, consider preparing a tree of your immediate family to pass down to future generations.

My Aunt and I also visited a local LDS church, who were very welcoming to us and we were able to go onto their computers, check some data and order some microfiche which will hopefully provide more info to further our search. They have some pretty impressive records.

Feel free to post comments if you're tracing your family too.

No comments:

Post a Comment