Monday, January 17, 2011

Ukulele Festival Practice

A couple of years back when Taryn started at Manuka, she decided she wanted to join the Ukulele group with Carol and begged me for a Ukulele, which I bought her.  She turned up for maybe 3 sessions and that was it.  A couple of years later I decided if Carol could pick up a Ukulele and learn it, without having played another instrument previously, then why not me, so at the beginning of this year, Carol gave me my first lesson.

I must admit, I just didn't get it and felt all thumbs.  I couldn't get the hang of the strum at all.  I put the Ukulele down for a couple of months until Carol mentioned it again one time.  I had another hour session with her, but still feeling all thumbs, came home and U-Tubed some lessons and found I was better able to get the hang of it sitting down in the studio late at night at my own pace, where I could play and replay the clip as much as I wanted (translate- needed to....lots).

Once I had this under control, another 1 hour session with Carol and I found I was able to play along to 'some' tunes and really started enjoying myself.  So, with about 3 hours tuition from Carol and at least 20 hours on U-Tube, I was away and looking forward to the Ukulele Festival with the school Uke group.

The below pics are shots I took from the practice day.  We had loads of fun!



 Getting my Ukulele signed by Ukulele Bartt

No comments:

Post a Comment