Friday, March 11, 2011

Banana & Honey Bread Mini Loafs

With the heat at the end of January/beginning of February, fruit was just not lasting - especially the banana's, so when I spotted a recipe for banana & honey bread, I thought I'd give it a go.  It called for it to be baked in large loaf pans, but I decided to make mini loaves in the 8 slot mini loaf pan my mum bought me I while back (I use it for so many different things - just love it).  They were super yum, but can't locate the recipe again (I think it might have been from a magazine I threw out!).  If I find it, I'll post the recipe on here.
Yay, found the recipe, so here it is:
75g butter
1/3 cup each: sugar, honey
2 eggs room temperature
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large)
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
1/2 cup walnut pieces

Preheat oven to 180 
Spray 2 mini loaf pans generously with oil
Cream butter and sugar and honey till light and fluffy
Add the eggs one by one, beating well after each addition
Stir in mashed bananas
Sift flour, baking soda and salt.  Fold gently into the butter and banana mix to combine.  Lastly fold in the walnuts
Spoon the mixture evenly into the tins and bake 18-20 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of loaves comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Yum please look for it! I am always after a new way to use bananas up. This is the current favourite I keep baking:http://sundayhotpants.nocturne.net.nz/tagged/chocolate_banana_bread

    ReplyDelete