Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Birthday Boy

On the morning of Jayden's birthday, we got him up early so he could get ready for school and still have enough time to open his presents.



 I'm still not quite sure why, but he's wanted one of these High Vis jackets for ages and we finally found one small enough for him!

 Then off to school he went, but we had one more present waiting for him when he got home!

 His own iPod shuffle.  He was stoked.  Then it was off to the chemist to get his ear pierced.  He asked me when he was 9 and I told him to wait till he was 10, then if he still really wanted it we would get it done.  I thought he might forget or change his mind, but it wasn't to be and I kept my promise and off we went.  When asked which one he said "The left one or I'll be gay!"
So the left it was.  A simple silver stud with a clear crystal in the middle.
 My children don't get to have their first Coke till they are 10 and Jayden had long waited for this.
 I was kind of hoping that he might not like it...but the smile told the story.  He just had a small amount and saved the rest for another day, but he also knows that it's only going to be an occasional drink, not something he will be able to have too regularly.
Hope you had an awesome day Jayden!

1 comment: