Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Difficult Times

There have been a few of them lately and yes there are people out there having a way more difficult time than me, but it just seemed that everything came at once.  Why does it always seem to be a feast or a famine.  There's been nothing in itself that is earth shattering, but a culmination of injuries, ails, poor finances, ADHD educational issues, red tape, sibling rivalry, relationship issues and a whole lot of personal stuff better kept to myself.

Hence I haven't blogged much lately, because where do you start and who would want to be reading it anyway.

You know what though, I decided I had to share some of it, just to get it out of my head if nothing else.  I spoke at length to my aunt and my cousin on a couple of issues, to my mum on some as well (although mums always worry the most, so I was trying not to increase her worry load), to friends on others and to my lovely sister Jo (bless those poor ears at times) and whilst a problem shared may not be a problem halved, I think it does feel like less of a burden.  For the better part, I have been able to take a step back, look at the bigger picture, realise I'm not the only one with my kind of issues and actually pull my head out of the sand on other issues and take some action, speak up for what I want, what I need, what I wont put up with anymore and just plain tackle some issues head on.

Things are already a whole lot better.  It can be scary facing difficult issues, nerve wracking talking to others about soul baring issues and even embarrassing to admit you might be failing in some area of you life, but nothing gets resolved without action.  So if you find yourself in a similar situation - reach out.  I guarantee it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment