Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Finally - Book Week Photos




My Little Red Riding Hood - Taryn (yes I actually got her to wear a skirt that day - first time so far this year!) and my Big Bad Wolf - Jayden. The cape was easy and cost me $2.32 to make. The wolf, not so easy and in case my hubby ever finds this blog - let's just say not so cheap! I tried to convince Jayden there were plenty other characters he could go as - but no he was determined damn it all. I didn't have a pattern, so it wasn't a very good fit in the end and the nose was a last minute slap together because DH said he didn't look much like a wolf without a long nose and sharp teeth, so we had to add on! But Jayden loved it and that was what it was all about really.
Heaps of the kids at the school looked amazing, but seeing as they aren't my kids, I did't feel comfortable posting their photos on the web.

1 comment:

  1. Awww!!! They look awesome. Bucannon had to dress up for book week many, many moons ago. He wanted to go as Mike TV from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, I didn't even know he knew who this character was. So he went all dressed up and strutted his stuff in front of the whole school, a proud moment for us all. Phoenix not to be out done had a pair of plastic pistols, a bandana around his neck and his grandfathers old gardening hat for authenticity....lol - KIDS

    ReplyDelete