Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Wonderful Lazy Day


That's what today was for me. When I got up to make the kids lunches, Mike said, go back to bed, I'll get the kids off to school and come back home and join you. (It has rained for so many days, that he can't get out there and mow lawns, as most peoples grounds are just too soggy and it was raining again today). I thought about all the things I really needed to do today, but I was tired and thought, well another 1/2 hour would be nice, so I finished the lunches and went back to bed.

I woke up at 10.30am. Mike had come home and seen I was fast asleep again and didn't want to wake me, so he went and watched a movie while I slept. I got up, had a leisurely brunch, got dressed, put on a load of washing and then sat and talked with Mike (it's unusual for us to have so much time alone together during the day - it was really nice), even watched a bit ot telly with him (my usual is about 3 hours a week!).

Then we went up to the mall and did some window shopping, a spot of grocery shopping and then it was time to pick up the kids from school. I felt a bit guilty for not having done much, but quickly got over it. Then I came home and made a most scrumptious lasagne for dinner and this batch of cookies. The recipe (which was huge) supposedly made 112 cookies. I halved the recipe and got 96, so they must have made some darn big cookies, cause mine were normal size (like bought ones). Anyway, they're good, so will post the recipe in the next day or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment