Thursday, January 22, 2009

Large tree-small caravan -no match...




We went to visit Mike's Dad during our camping trip to Cambridge. I took these photos while there. They had a very, very large Macrocarpa tree fall in a recent storm. It was at the bottom of the property by the stream and fell towards the bank, landing directly on the caravan - yes that foot-high mangled mess you can see in the second photo under all the branches is all that remains of the caravan. Luckily, no-one was staying in it at the time. The first photo shows the huge branches of the tree, (I know I'm not that tall, but most of the branches alone were 3-4 times my height). The branches are slowly being removed in an effort to start clearing the tree away and regain access to the rest of the property- I suspect this will be a long slow job!

No comments:

Post a Comment