Thursday, January 29, 2009

Paintings for the newly wallpapered lounge

When we finished wallpapering the lounge/dining area, we went to put our beautiful pictures back up (they'd been down for 3 years, so I had missed them). We held them against the wall and.....YUK! they no longer went with the new neutral colours.

Went shopping for something new, but couldn't find anything that grabbed my fancy (well at a price I could afford), so instead grabbed some canvas's and decided to have a bit of a go at Camp Clean. I decided to take only items for painting, so that I would get in and do them, but must admit, at one point (after seeing Glenna all set up to Scrap), I seriously considered changing my plan and going and getting my scrapping gear. She talked me out of it.

So, 4 days, some new paint, 2 new brushes, some texture paste and silica sand later, here's what I managed to finish.

The edges are actually straight, not sure why they look warped? The piece of paua in the long skinny painting was found in the washing machine at camp - thanks campers! The swirl and spiral on the other canvas are made from hessian like string from the storage cupboard at camp and the beads from the Warehouse. All up, about $45 spent to create these two items.

Whilst painting the 2nd one at camp, Carol D said could see a reindeer in the swirly part of the rope, that's when I added the spiral, but I can still see the reindeer-probably always will -thanks Carol! (She reminded me I once did that to her with one of her paintings and yes she still she's the elephant now!)

The next painting is going to be on the bathroom walls, then Mike's man cave (or vice versa), then the rumpus. Slowly ridding the house of yellow! Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment