Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Twas the Night Before Christmas....


When I finally gave in and said we could put up a Christmas Tree. Having just finished the wallpapering, the last thing on my mind was the huge effort that is putting up our huge (fake) tree. However, Jayden insisted that without one, Santa would have nowhere to put the presents! Our tree is so large (8ft tall and 1.5m in diameter at the bottom), that we usually put it up downstairs. I was dreading the process as that also meant clearing a space for it. A quick thought entered my mind - what if we forewent the bottom section (it comes in three sections). I tried it out and although a little wobbly - it worked, so we decided to put it up upstairs.

I only had to use about 1/2 the decorations (which gave me the opportunity to have a clear out of some old ones) and 2 sets of lights instead of three - I'm liking the idea of a smaller tree!

Jayden was very worried that Santa (knowing we always have the tree downstairs) would not be able to fin it, so he got out our Christmas rope lights and wound them around the handrail on the stairs from the rumpus up to the tree. Needless to say - Santa found his way.

So this was our tree the night before Christmas (just on midnight) and in fact the only shot I got of the tree! Seriously considering trading in the tree for a smaller one for Christmas 2009, or perhaps even going to a real one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment