Saturday, January 17, 2009

Wallpaper at last...























...Yeah!!! After three years of looking at my stripped walls, I had become quite accustomed to them. However after another set of photos taken with the bare walls as the backdrop - I'd truly had enough. So - 10 days before Christmas I decided I wanted wallpaper on the walls for Christmas. We already had the paper (sitting in storage for 3 years), plus the size and glue and all the tools, plus the sandpaper, oil and stain for the skirting board, so time was really the only expense (and getting mum's time too - as she's the main paperhanger in our family).








Anyway, after hours of sanding (with a little help from Jayden), staining, oiling, sizing cutting, pasting and some very precarious positions (on mum's part-over the stairwell), we went from bare walls to colourful walls. I got my photos back up on the wall by the stairwell and just need to get some pictures/paintings for the other walls to add a bit more life. Here's how it looked before and after.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks good! Just before Christmas... you are nuts!

    ReplyDelete