Friday, April 24, 2009

What he packed in his overnight bag...

I forgot to mention, when I took the kids up to camp last week, I waited while Jo dropped her two kids off, then she said she would stay there while I went and did the grocery shopping. When I came back, Jo was untangling some rope. "Where did that come from" I asked. "Jayden brought it with him" was Jo's reply. "Oh" I said "That looks like Mike's tie down rope, I hope he doesn't need it today". "Well" says Jo "the rope was one thing, but when he produced the hammer and the axe, I was a bit shocked." "What" I said. "He packed a hammer and an axe in his overnight bag" said Jo - "cause he was going to build a hut up here at camp didn't you know." Well, I quickly checked his bag to make sure there wasn't anything else I didn't know about (like perhaps a stick of dynamite!!!lol). But there was nothing else. I asked him, "so what were you going to build the hut with" "Oh" he said, "I was just going to chop some branches with the axe." "And tie them up with the rope?" I asked. "No" he said, "I brought nails to hammer them together." I quickly found the nails and we then had a discussion about tools, trees and other people's property. The rest of the time at camp went just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment