Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Generations Gone By

A while back I started looking into our family history and it wasn't long before I discovered my Aunt had been doing the same for some time and had way more info than I had, which was really exciting. So, the smart thing to do, join forces. We are now spending a day a month working on our ancestory files. A few weeks ago I found a photo of the ship some ancestors travelled on when migrating and my aunt was blown away with the picture as she had been unable to locate a photo previously. In the files so far, the family has been traced back to 1620. I can't wait to get my teeth into this project. I think we'll make an excellent team and I'll keep this blog posted on what sites we found useful as I know many scrapbookers like to dabble in tracing their ancestory.

No comments:

Post a Comment