Monday, December 21, 2009

Got Green Day Tickets



Last Thursday we had one very happy young lady in our house. Courtesy of Lisa, we had tickets to Green Day!

Taryn had asked back in July, actually let me rephrase that - she had begged for tickets. There was of course no way that was going to happen with Mike's ACC finished, finances were at an all time low.

Then came the offer of tickets from Lisa, as she had moved to Australia and couldn't make it back for the concert. It took all that I had not to let the cat out of the bag too early. We had decided to wait till the day before the concert, as we thought she'd drive us nuts otherwise. We told her we had something to talk to her about and she came and sat down on the floor in the lounge. She was wary when she saw my camera, but still as shocked as ever when she opened the envelope and saw the tickets. Straight after the first photo, she jumped up screaming 'Oh My God, Oh My God' I Love You Mummy, I Love you Daddy, then I tried to calm her down a little and told her they had come from Lisa and she said -looking into the air "I Love You Lisa- wherever you are" - Australia I replied. I seriously thought she was going to cry at one point!

So thank you Lisa - the concert was AWESOME to say the least. Taryn took heaps of photos on her phone, so I'll get some of those and see if they are good enough to post, then get her to do a guest blog post about the concert - that she is still talking about - her first ever concert! yeah Rock On!

No comments:

Post a Comment