Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blog Catch Up

That's what will be happening over the next few days. The posts probably wont be in order and there may be quite a few new posts to read in one hit, but with my main computer dead, I have felt a bit like I lost my right hand. No email history, no camp files (booking sheet most importantly-urghhh!) and so have been busy utilising the time to do other things whilst the data was retrieved. We are 1/2 way there and just need to now see if my photos (about the last 5 years worth) can be retrieved from the separate hard drive. - I sure hope so, or I know I'll be crying over that one. What about your back up you might say... yes, on a separate drive, but in the same computer and the motherboard died, so we are trying to assess if any damage made it's way to the drives. So, for the important files that my wonderful brother-in-law has recovered, I now have them on my laptop and a totally separate external drive, plus, some even copied a 3rd time onto a flash drive. Overkill probably, but hey - you just never know.

So anyway, due to all the downtime without the computer, the studio is now super clean and tidy and I will get the blog up to date and then may make a start on the office (which is far from tidy). Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. You should keep your EHD at your Mum's place and bring it home to back it up once a month or so. Then if the absolute worst happens and you have a fire of break-in then you still have the some of the important and sentimental stuff.

    What's that thing under all your scrap supplies? I didn't realise you had a table down there. :-)

    ReplyDelete