Monday, January 25, 2010

Christmas - Not at the Kemps

For the past few years now, we have been having Christmas Day at our house (other than one Christmas when we went to Hamilton). It started with having the moor family over one year and the Mike's family joined in and since then it has sort of been a combined Christmas brunch at out house. This Christmas just gone, I decided that I just didn't want to do it all this year. I needed a break and also wanted to spend a Christmas with just my family on their own and then just Mike's family on their own, rather than all together and I think my family kind of liked that too.

We went to Mum and Dad's, which was lovely, as we hadn't done that in years. It was nice not to have to be fluffing around and although I did help get some things ready and did help with the dishes afterwards, it was really relaxing. Everyone was so chilled out, it was great!

This year, we are going away camping in Napier for Christmas with the Robinson family, leaving Christmas Eve and staying 9 nights, so we will see the New Year in down in Napier as well. really looking forward to showing the kids a bit more of the country - before they get to the stage that they don't want to go camping with us any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment