Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Bye-bye comfy Pants!

Today I had to say good-bye to my comfy pants. I'm not talking about baggy sweats, just really comfy pants - you know that pair of pants that fits you just right no matter what, sits just the way you like pants to sit and ones you'd happily wear every day.
Mine were ones that could be worn for casual wear, or because of the material, could be worn with a nice pair of shoes and a dressy top and worn out to dinner. They were those pants that could be washed and hung on the line - dry again in 1/2 hour. If I was ever in two minds about what to wear, out came the comfy pants. Oh and in this recent heat - they were the coolest pants to wear. 3/4's, lose fitting and of a material that breathed.

A few weeks back, I sat on a rather rough edged seat and snagged the right leg when I got up - at the back, about 3 inches out from the centre seam. I tried to kind of smooth out the snag and in doing so, think I broke 1 thread and the snag turned into a tiny little hole and before I knew it, the tiny hole was suddenly a big noticeable hole (probably because of how much wear they were getting!). So today, after 5 years with those pants, I had to throw them out. Sob Sob!

So now (as I don't do skirts) I am left with pants that aren't nearly so comfy and most of them are a little tight - makes getting dressed a little less fun in this heat. The up side of that - I have pants that aren't nearly so comfy and most of them are a little tight, so maybe I'll make a bit more effort to shed the kilos this month. Still sad about the comfy pants though! - Anyone got chocolate - oh yeah - the shedding kilos thing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment