Thursday, February 11, 2010

Clearing out the house

As part of my new years resolution in the 'Home' department, I have been clearing out the house of excess items that are just taking up space. So far, the op shop has had 3 large bags of clothes, 1 large box of toys, a box of knick-knacks, a couple of pictures and some other odds and ends.

Friends/Family have also taken a few bags of clothes (some of the items were near new, as Miss Taryn had so many clothes, some hardly got worn) and a couple other items - this is the most gratifying, to know someone else can and will benefit from the items.

I have also sold off the black table I removed from the studio, a screen/shade house and currently on trademe (with reserve already met) is our old phone system. I'm hoping to keep this up over the next few months and have a long list of more items for trademe. I guess this is kind of good too, as it puts a wee bit of cash back in our month ridden pockets.

Not sure I've done enough yet for anyone else to actually notice a physical difference, but the storage areas are certainly getting cleared out and I am feeling much better about the house too. Long may it continue!

1 comment:

  1. I like it...I too have made a start, I have one more bag go to the Sallies and it helps that I have no money to spend on "clutter"

    ReplyDelete