Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two Flats

That's what my car had this afternoon. I got a call to pick Taryn up from school as she had fallen and hit her head and was feeling sick. We went straight to the emergency, just to make sure. We came out to find a flat tyre. I commenced changing it and had the flat tyre off and the spare out the boot when a lovely gentleman came to offer help. However, we then found the spare tyre was also flat. Mike was miles away on jobs and so it was Dad to the rescue. He came and tried his spare, but not a fit, so grabbed the best tyre and took it off to be repaired.

In the interim, Mike arrived and took Taryn home out of the heat (she promptly went to bed), then Dad returned with repaired tyre, put it back on the car and I was finally able to head home.

I consider myself very lucky to have a Dad who not only will do those sort of things for his children, but also whom at 73, is still so fit and able to do them. Long may his good health prevail.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad Taryn is OK. You can always call Gary if Mike or your Dad are not available, he only work a few minutes away. Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. Never seem to think of things like that when your brain is frazzled with everything else going on!

    ReplyDelete