Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Day Baking

I spent a few hours in the kitchen the other day, doing a bit of baking, as I hadn't done any for weeks (mainly due to the heat and the lack of desire to be in a hot kitchen).

I knew I wanted some corn bread, so started there and thought I may as well do some other stuff at the same time.

So I popped out onto the deck and picked a couple of capsicums from my capsicum plant and off I went.

First I made the corn bread - yum. Still wasn't as good as Ma's, but it was nice. Had it for lunch with salad and some peach and mango chutney. Whilst that was cooking, I mixed up some savoury muffins. Couldn't find a recipe, so I just started with a basic mix and went from there. I added onion, corn, bacon, capsicum, herbs and paprika. They too were super yum. Might have to write down the final recipe (as a variation), if I can remember the quantities.

Then I moved onto the sweet stuff and made banana cake. I like mine plain, Mike likes his with cocoa (to make it a chocolate banana cake) and chocolate chips, so I made a compromise and just made it with the chocolate chips. That really hit the spot for afternoon tea. Would have been even better with a dollop of cream, but I resisted - New Year's Resolutions and all!!!

So my plan is to try and bake at least once a fortnight, so that every other week, the kids get home baking. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.





































No comments:

Post a Comment