Friday, March 26, 2010

Can't Feel it, Can't See it Until.....

As part of my New Year Resolutions/Goals for 2010, I resolved to weigh less at the end of each month than I did the month before. I had no set amount or target or any diet plan, just a plan to decrease junk food, increase healthy food and water intake, start doing some exercise and slowly make a lifestyle change regarding food and my weight.

I weighed myself on New Years day and then again at the end of January and had lost 2.1 kgs. Couldn't feel it, couldn't see it, but the scales told me I'd done it. By the end of February, a further 1.5kgs had come off, so a total of 3.6kg. Again, couldn't feel it, couldn't see it, but scales told me I'd done it. So far this month another 500gms has gone and whilst Mike and Mum have said they could certainly notice, I still couldn't feel it, couldn't see it, until..... I noticed that my toe ring kept slipping off. I couldn't understand why it kept doing that, it just never occurred to me that my toes would have gotten smaller, but when it happened again yesterday, I bent down and took it on and off a couple of times and realised that was exactly what had happened and that I needed to squeeze it in a bit to form a tighter fit.

So here I am 4.1kgs lighter than at January 1 and what do I have to show for it...smaller toes. I feel so blessed!

I do know that I need and want to keep going and other results will show themselves in the future (perhaps my engagement and wedding rings will fit again soon) and maybe even someday soon I will be able to feel it and see it. In the mean time, think I might go treat my smaller toes to a pedicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment