Sunday, October 16, 2011

Dad's heart

Following his recent heart attack, Dad finally got an angiogram and had a stent inserted into one of his arteries.  Tests that followed showed another blockage and so he was due to have another stent inserted today, but it has now been put off until tomorrow.  Hopefully, once that has been done, he will be home in a few days and can start the recovery process.  I'm so grateful he didn't end up needing bypass surgery, as that is so invasive and has such a long recovery period.

Dad said one of the things that surprised him is that he didn't actually have any pain, just a tightness of the chest and so when you see these people on TV clutching at their chest - it doesn't always happen like that.  In fact the other 3 men in his hospital room also had no real pain.

Makes me kind of glad I have started to lost this weight and reduce my cholesterol  now.  I had previously done a heart health age test on line and found that mine was 10 years older than I actually was, which was kind of scary.  With the weight I have lost and the reduction in my cholesterol, I am happy to say, it is now 3 years younger than I am.  I plan to keep it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment