Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 5

A little glitch in the weight loss.  Gained 300gms.  The week (Mon-Fri) went ok (I think) and I was pretty good, even when we went down to Pirongia markets on the Saturday.  When I got home Saturday night Mike broke the news that Dad had suffered a heart attack and was in hospital.  I was leaving for kids camp the next day.  I started to choose my meal options a little poorly.  We headed off to camp the next day and I felt it was just much easier to eat what the kids were eating, than try to plan different meals for myself.  Nothing too bad mind you, but certainly not what I had been doing up till that point.  Now, I normally weigh on a Monday, but as I was at kids camp, it had to wait till I got home, at which point, I weighed 300gms more than the previous weigh in the Monday prior.  Ok, so it's not a biggie and I am now back on track and expect a better result this Monday.  The following Monday however might be a different story again, as I head off to Scrapbook Retreat next week, with bacon, eggs and hash-browns for breakfast!!!  I'm being realistic though and allowing myself to just live a little and eat the same as others when away, maybe just smaller portions and healthy snacks in between.  It's all about balance right?

As for dad, we are still playing the waiting game.  He needs an angiogram to see how bad the damage is and assess whether he will need to have a stent or two inserted, or require bypass surgery. The angio has been postponed several times already.  So, we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment