Monday, October 17, 2011

Week 6

This week I wanted to make up for the small gain last week and also get a little ahead so that the end of this week at Scrapcamp hopefully wont have such a huge impact on my overall loss or target of 15kgs by Christmas.  So, I really went back to basics and managed a loss of 2.1kgs.  Total now 9.2kgs.

Changes this week:

  • Distraction - the first thing I do when I start to feel a little hungry in between meals is have a glass of water and find a distraction - might be hanging out a load of washing or checking my emails, or something else that will distract me for a few minutes.  Most of the time, I have found that by doing this, the hunger spell passes and before I know it, another hour or two have has passed and it's then time for my next meal anyway.  This has hugely reduced snacking in between meals.
  • Compensation - I've talked previously about the fact that if you eat more calories than your body can use in a day you gain weight, so put simply, if you use more than you eat, you've got to lose weight (not always completely true every week, but that's the general idea).  So, when I have felt like a small square of chocolate or a small serving of ice-cream, I've had it and then compensated with a short walk, or an additional work out.  Just 10 minutes can burn enough to have a scoop of low fat ice-cream.
  • Not beating myself up - Weight fluctuates for many reasons during the month, including the little slip ups, which sometime don't show till the following week, so I have decided no more beating myself up.  My weight loss will be what it will be.  good some weeks, slow others and probably quite a few small gains along the way and that is all fine.  You've still got to live and you can't let it rule your life, so I'm learning to relax about it.  Having said that, I'll need to be super relaxed about next weeks weigh in right after ScrapCamp, with bacon, eggs and hash-browns for breakfast!  But hey, it's only every 12 weeks I get to do that, so I'll take the little side road, enjoy it, then get back on the main road and continue on my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment