Sunday, September 20, 2009

A little indulgence!

I'd had a heap of stuff going on over the past few weeks, so on Friday, when it came to 6pm and the end of the 40th anniversary celebrations at school, I decided tonight was the night for a little indulgence. We went over to Janine's for birthday drinks. I told Mike that I only wanted to stay for about an hour, have a drink with her and come home, as I was stuffed. However, Jeni was there and that always spells trouble for me! I ended up indulging a little more than I had planned, but it was all good. As midnight approached, Mike let me know it was time to go and my bottle of wine was empty anyway, so we headed home. I pretty much went straight to bed!

Saturday morning I slept in till 9.30am. It was bliss. We had a slow easy morning, followed by Jayden's Rugby prize giving in the afternoon. Saturday night I indulged again, this time in a deep, hot, bath, with a dash of Radox muscle soak which produced masses of bubbles. Glorious!

This morning, another wonderful sleep in till 9am (bless those Darlings for sleeping in till 9!!!) So I have unwound, relaxed, soaked away the stress that being so busy had created and now look forward to a nice family afternoon and will be ready to face the new week with renewed zest tomorrow morning!

I can highly recommend a little indulgence every now and then. It really does do wonders for your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment