Sunday, September 6, 2009

Not ready for Lisa to go!

I met Lisa through Sylvia. We were at ScrapCamp and Lisa came up to visit Sylvia. Then Lisa started coming to ScrapCamp and we all (the regulars at ScrapCamp) came to love her. Early on, during one camp, I was talking about Jayden being ADHD and the things he did and Lisa commented how she could almost use the same text and just insert her daughter's name. She met Jayden and then everything seemed to fit. We talked about the steps I went through with Jayden in finding out what was going on with him and sent her some emails on what we had gone through, from the school, other parents and how we dealt with things at home. Her daughter was diagnosed shortly thereafter with ADHD.

I joked that we should get the two of them together for a play date, just to see what would happen!!! I had also decided that I wanted to further develop the friendship outside of scrapbooking and had some grand plans to start getting together for coffee once a month or so. Weeks went by and another camp was upon us, still having not met for coffee. We did manage to get both our families along to see Ashley's band Reverence play at their re-launch party at Jayce's place, but that was probably down to good luck rather than good management. So, another ScrapCamp came along and we still hadn't gotten together for that coffee. So many things kept coming up for me and so I'd put off making a date until the next week and so it went on. Lisa didn't make the last ScrapCamp and she was certainly missed. Then she announced she was moving overseas. I felt pangs of sadness and regret. Suddenly that coffee was a now or never situation! How did this happen? I guess in the back of my mind I had the thought, well there's always tomorrow, or next week. Really though, you never do know what is just around the corner.

I thought back to a poem about friendship, called Reason, Season, Lifetime. I remembered most of it's content was pretty spot on. I looked it up on the web and located it here: http://www.yuni.com/library/docs/631.html and had another read through. At the beginning I was thinking hey, my reason is not fulfilled, I'm not ready for her to go. Then I thought oh, maybe it was her reason that has been fulfilled. I then realised that I was reacting emotionally and perhaps being a little short sighted and that in actual fact, she may well be one of the Lifetime friends, we just don't know that yet. Do we ever really know?

Well we finally got together for that coffee 2 weeks ago and it was good. I learned that she most definitely plans to be back in NZ in April 2010 for ScrapCamp. I'll be hanging out for that, because I just thoroughly enjoy being around Lisa. She is just who she is, no matter what. If your cup of joy is getting low, Lisa's the one that can help you top it up.

So I'm still sad she is leaving, but knowing she'll be back soon and knowing how quickly time flies, it'll be April 2010 before I know it and we will again have loads of laughs, so no more regret, just looking forward to the fun times to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment