Saturday, September 12, 2009

Sitting On My Hands

I've learnt that I need to do a lot more of this. This may sound kind of selfish, but I have realised that I need to start doing more for myself and less for others. Actually I have known this for a long time, but this past week has made it really sink in.

Too often I will put my hand up to help or do something and then find I am stretched for time to complete the stuff I need to do for myself, so my own stuff - which in fact can sometimes be related to the business, or just making the time for my family and friends -goes on the back burner.

So, I'm not suddenly going to stop helping others, but I am going to actively let others take their turn. I'm going to sit on my hands in meetings and give others a fair chance to make their contribution. I'm going to learn to delegate better. I'm going to think things through thoroughly, considering all items I already have on my plate before offering my services to others. Most of all, I'm just going to try and make my own family, business and friends my priority above those of others, so that what I do give out to others can be given freely, without guilt and without stretching myself.

That's the plan anyway - I'll keep you posted. Right now however, I'm off to print off 700 photos for the books I'm making for the school's 40th anniversary celebrations next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment