Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Goal

Having started on the road to better eating and more exercise yesterday, I decided to put a goal in place.  I have always believed (based on my many previous attempts at weight loss - some very successful, just not maintained) , that on average 500gms - 1kilo per week is a healthy weight loss for me, usually with a slightly higher loss the first week.  So that in mind, I checked the calendar and saw it was 6.5 weeks till October Scrapbook Retreat and set my goal at losing 7kgs by then.

My first two small changes:

  • More water - Aim to reach about 2ltrs per day, currently managing just over 1.
  • Removed all the junk type food I would normally go for and stocked up on fruit and veges.  When I was hungry before lunch, I had a small mini salad.  Still felt like a biscuit, but my mindset has shifted and I didn't resent not having one (or 5!).
More small changes next week and I'll be weighing in on Mondays, so I'll post how much I managed to loose in week 1 (hoping for 2kgs).

1 comment:

  1. Same I'm not a huge water drinker but I've been adding slices of limes that grow so big they look more like lemons to my water bottle each morning to help improve the taste.

    ReplyDelete