Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 3

Another week down and this week was surprised to still see the loss over the 1kg mark, but happy just the same.  1.7kgs this week, making the total so far 6.2kgs over the 3 weeks.  I wouldn't say it has been super easy, but also haven't found it as hard as I usually do, so I'm hoping that continues.

My first goal was to lose 7kgs by Scrapbook Retreat (October 20) and I'm pretty confidant that I'll be able to tick that goal off as achieved!  Yay!  My next goal was to have lost a total of 15kgs by Christmas, which is 9 weeks after Scrapbook Retreat.  I am however unsure how long these higher losses will last, so what I think I might do is just wait and see where I am by October 20 and go from there.

Managed 1 walk last week - up to the mall and back.  Some of those muscles were sore by the time I got home. Have also been back gardening and done more workouts with Mel B on the PS3, so getting in plenty of exercise.

Changes for this week:

  • Eating more slowly - enjoying every mouthful and I find in doing this, I really enjoy my food, but also feel fuller quicker, so actually end up eating less.  Which also brings me to the next change: - 
  • Actually stopping eating once I start to feel full!  
  • Introduced diet cordial to assist with my fluid intake.  Yes I know it's not as good as plain old water, but that's how I'm managing.  Normally I find any diet cordial tastes like a diet cordial, but my Mum introduced me to Bickfords Lime (diet version) and it is super yum.  Have used it as just a plain drink with water and also mixed a dash with diet lemonade, soda and bitters to make a refreshing lemon,lime and bitters drink (had to use part lemonade, part soda as was just too sweet otherwise) and feels like I'm having an RTD without all the added calories.
This current week so far however I have had a few hungry days with the colder weather and have had more carbs than any of the past 3 weeks, so will be interesting to see what the scales say on Monday.  As long as they are moving in the right direction, I don't mind.


No comments:

Post a Comment