Monday, February 27, 2012

Rats, it's gone!

I can't really remember exactly when Jayden decided he wanted to grow a rats tail, but I think it was roughly  about 2 years ago.  I must say, at the time, I was quite surprised.  He never, ever did anything that would make him stand out, be different or draw more attention to himself on purpose before this.  It was nice to see him want to have something a little different for a change, even if I wasn't too sure about the whole rats tail thing.

The rats tail had a couple of trims when it was getting really raggy on the ends, but he would never let me cut off more than 1cm.  So many people teased him (jokingly) about chopping it off and heaps of people asked him if they could cut it off to which he gave an adamant NO WAY!

So, imagine my surprise just before the school year started when he asked me to cut it off.  Really??? I had actually become quite accustomed to it and when sitting next to him, would often twirl it around my fingers.  I let him think about it for a few days, just to be sure, but he was absolutely sure and so I got Taryn to take these photos.
Just hanging loose.

It reached half way down his back if pulled straight.

As I often did when we were going out, I plaited it before cutting it off, that way I could keep it tidy and it meant it was ready if I decided to pop it into the scrapbook.

You can barely see it here, but it's hanging over his right shoulder.  Even plaited it was quite long!

Then off it came with 1 snip!

I was kind of glad and kind of sad at the same time!  Funny old emotions!

No comments:

Post a Comment