Thursday, February 16, 2012

Weeks 22 & 23

Week 22 - zilch, zippo, nada, not even 100gms!!!, despite gardening, walking and good eating.  Have kind of felt over the past few weeks that it's 1 step forward 2 steps back, but in fact it must be the other way around cause the total weight loss is still slowly getting larger not smaller.  I know most people who lose a fair amount of weight hit some form of plateau at some stage along the way, sometimes two or three times even.  I think it's your body's way of saying hey, can we just stop for a second so I can adjust, then once it has you're off again so I guess it's just that some weeks you feel like your not wining even if you really are.  So...

...week 23, I mixed it up a little.  I skipped my usual morning shake a couple of days and had cereal with fruit and yoghurt.  I did some work outs instead of gardening (as it rained so much) and even decided to have some treat foods (some biscuits, some chocolate and some cake - yummo).  so, I was kind of expecting a bit of a hit on the scales.  Instead, I lost 1.3 and now my total is 19.1kgs.  Go figure?

So far this week, I've only had the odd shake, but trying to keep the exercise up and keeping the food to good healthy, low carb, low calorie, small portions.  We'll see how that translates on the scales on Monday, then might shake it all up the following week with a back to basics like I was doing in my first 6 weeks to see if we can't get things moving a bit more again.  That'll be back to shakes for breakfast, light meals for lunch and salad and fish for dinner, with fruit and WW jelly in between times if hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment