Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baking for the Birthday


Friday and Saturday I did some baking for Jo's 40th birthday party. 32 chocolate brownie squares and 48 tart cases (ready to make mini lemon meringue tarts and banoffee pies) - yum!
I thought whilst I was at it, might as well do some baking for the family, so made a large batch of 60 fudgey bite biscuits and with the left over sweet short pastry from the tart cases, I also made Mike some soaked fruit (Christmas cake fruit soak in rum, brandy and Marsala wine) tartlets.

My kitchen smelt absolutely divine. Here's what my bench looked like 1/2 way through and a picture of the finished cookies (recipe to follow). I didn't get a chance to get any pics of the tarts once completed, as the evening just flew on by and the tarts were eaten in a flash!

No comments:

Post a Comment