Saturday, November 7, 2009

D-Day with Miss Wendy

Today I went and spent the day with Miss Wendy. It was Tiny's due date. First off, Paula, Wendy and I went to the movies to see Julie and Julia. It was really good. We went to Sylvia Park and into cinema 9 which was in the Directors Lounge area. Small cinema, but way comfy seats, that were wide enough that you could put your legs up and curl up like you would at home. We enjoyed the movie and then (after watching all that yummy cooking) went and had some lunch.

Then it was time for a spot of shopping. We wandered through Sylvia Park stopping here and there. I bought some cookie cutters. Wendy found a pourer spout for Ashley's vodka. We then saw a neat metal tree that we thought could be used as a stencil with Glimmer Mist, so convinced Paula she needed to buy it - and we can then borrow it. lol! Then onto the Bling shop where we bought some goodies, then down to warehouse, where we all seemed to find something we were looking for. A good shopping trip, considering it was just tagged on to the end.

Wendy did amazingly well, considering we near dragged her from one end of the mall to the other at 40 weeks pregnant - still though, labour did not set in!

Home we went. Paula headed off to get tea for her troupe, but considering it was by then after 4pm, I decided no way was I tackling the traffic back to the North Shore, so asked Wendy what was for dinner, to which she replied "What ever you're cooking"-not the answer I was looking for. So instead, I sampled her fudge - big yum and a choc chip & oat cookie (I've had them before, but had to sample to ensure consistency and yes, just as good as always). Then we got out the crochet blanket, wrapped Miss Wendy up in it and I took some photos of her gorgeous 40 week belly. Some standing and a couple lying down with booties on top the belly - (1 of them is on her blog - go see, it's way cute). That was loads of fun. Finally it was time to head home to my family and let Miss Wendy have a rest from the big day out, so I said good-bye to Wendy, rubbed her tummy and told tiny I was looking forward to meeting him/her and headed home. A great Friday spent in great company.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you were there with our Miss Wendy and got a chance to take those photos, can't wait to see them.

    ReplyDelete