Friday, November 6, 2009

Dinner with the Moore's








Bri, Cathie and Connor came over for dinner last night. We had vegetable bake (potato, kumara and pumpkin cooked in coconut milk, herb mix and a cheese topping), Scotch fillet steaks and salad. It was yummy. Finally opened the bottle of Calais Cab Sav 2000, that I bought in the Hunter Valley with Bri when we went to visit in September a few years back. It was good! Was great to be drinking it with him. Bri even reckoned it could have gone another few years. Bri and I were the only 2 drinking it, but we still ran out way too quickly.

Mike decided to let off a few fireworks (yeah lets not even go there about the fact he let them off on the deck! He said it was wet, so would be fine, which it seemed to be, but still!!!) and so Connor had his first cracker night. He was amazed at them. I half expected him to cry or be frightened, but no, he just looked on with wonder. I took loads of photos and a short video of him with the crackling firework - watch the eye movement as he blinks his way through it. Still no tears though.

Taryn (who is not at all like a clucky preteen, in fact has little interest in babies full stop), finally asked for a cuddle, so I grabbed the opportunity to snap some photos of them together. The two of them then sat down and watch Spongebob Squarepants together. It was way cute.

All round a great night. Can't believe this week has gone so fast and that they are leaving tomorrow, it has come around all too quickly. I think I really am going to have to get motivated and get some stuff on trademe to sell off and make enough money for spending and supporting myself for a week, so that I can get to Sydney to spend some time with them soon. I already have enough points for a free flight, so that's my goal for the new year (once it's not so hot in Sydney) - save some $$.

No comments:

Post a Comment