Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cricket Girl

Taryn signed up to play cricket this year and despite only ever playing in inter-school tournaments previously, shows some good natural skill at the game. Their season kicked off today with a 6-a-side tournament at Melville Park in Epsom.

We had to be up at 7am (despite having been at my sister Jo's 40th party the night before) to get on the road by 7.30 to avoid any delays with the 2 lanes on the bridge being closed for the Auckland Marathon. Little did we know however, that not only were 2 lanes on the bridge closed, but so was Onewa Rd, which I had headed down for a quick entry onto the motorway. So I took the detour thinking I could go down Sylvan Ave - No! that was closed too. Ok, on at Northcote - ah No! That too was closed, after which, the detour signs promptly disappeared??? So, round the corner to Barry's Point Rd - closed!!! I knew then, there was no way I was going to make it on time - freaking out! Made a call to let them know. Finally managed to get onto the motorway after travelling through Takapuna to Esmonde Road. We were late, but didn't miss the start of any games, just the Managers (of which I am one) briefing! But it all turned out fine in the end.

Taryn's team were the winners in their grade. A great morning's fun. Unfortunately, no photo's, as I forgot the camera at home and Mike who was going to bring it for me, also forgot - must have something to do with that late night/early morning after Jo's party.

No comments:

Post a Comment