Saturday, November 7, 2009

One last visit - or maybe two!

On Friday night, we made one last visit down to mum and Dad's to see Brian, Cathie & Conner, as they were flying out the next day and Taryn had cricket all day Saturday, so it was likely Friday night would be the last time we saw them.

Managed to get in another good lot of cuddles with Connor. Then found out their flight on Saturday was at 3.40, they needed to be at the airport by 1.40 and so would be leaving mum's at 1pm Saturday. That meant that after Taryn's game finished, we could probably make it back to say good-bye, (which we did end up doing).

Taryn's game went well for a first game and they won by 6 runs. Taryn batted 5th and made 5 runs. When fielding, she played 1/2 a game as Wicket Keeper - which she enjoyed and seemed quite good at. She bowled several overs and managed to get 2 wickets by bowling the batter out. Her best friend - Wiloh - who at first practice said "I suck at bowling" also bowled a batter out and took another wicket by running the girl out. A great day was had by all. Not sure about these early Saturday morning though. 7am!!!

After cricket, we went straight to mums to catch Bri, Cathie and Conner. More quick cuddles and this time I really cuddled him tight, right into my neck and kissed him heaps. I knew I was going to miss this little man something wicked. As they left, it was hugs all round. I was determined not to cry and so held it together quite well. I made it through the whole day with my eyes welling up a little when I thought about it, but otherwise did okay. It wasn't until I was making dinner and Taryn came and gave me a hug and said "Oh Mum, you smell just like Connor", that I lost the plot - I quickly went to my room and had myself a little cry. Then I tried in vein to smell him, by sniffing the shoulder of my top, but I couldn't smell what Taryn had smelt. In fact I seemed to have little smell at all.

I woke up the next morning with a sinus infection - that explained my inability to smell and I figured it was probably better that way, cause had I smelt him on me, not sure dinner would have been finished. We will have to skype them soon so Connor keeps seeing us. Man I miss him so much already! I commented on Facebook that 10 days wasn't long enough and that maybe 10 years would be a little more acceptable!

No comments:

Post a Comment