Friday, August 27, 2010

Ceramic & Craft Show

On Sunday 22, we went to the Ceramic and craft show in Takapuna.  I had a scrapbooking stand and Wendy and Glenna shared a stand for their goodies.  It went OK.  Not a lot of people through the door, but it seems harder and harder to drive people to these shows ans then once there, even harder to get them to spend money. I guess however that is the reality of things with the way most people's finances are these days.

As for the ceramics part of the show, I entered 3 pieces from the studio.  1 of my own and 2 of my junior students.  Both kids got a first, with Brooke's sun getting a 1st overall for her age group as well.  My piece got a 2nd place (I guess at some stage the student will surpass the teacher.... isn't that how the saying goes?).

Anyway, here are the pictures of the piece.  My black and blue glass bowl, Kyle's gorgeous copper bowl and Brooke's sun plaque (photos do not do these pieces justice).
Well done to all who participated in the show and received an award.

No comments:

Post a Comment