Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Who's great idea was this again?????

During the weekend workshop, Wendy said we should set aside a day when we can send the rest of my family out and take all the studio stuff (except the heavy shelving) out into the rumpus, then paint wash the floors in the studio (Massive job, but one I've been wanting to do for ages).  Glenna and I also then talked later that night (or rather early the next morning) about de-cluttering the studio a bit more and having a clean out and re-arrange.  I felt so motivated afterwards, that on Sunday I decided to start with the end two shelves.  Problem was, once I started, I didn't want to stop.  Now I am half way through, with a kids class after school tomorrow and this is what my studio currently looks like, Yikes!
Now I guess it could be fair comment if some of you say - hey it looks like that quite often, but in reality, it is a lot worse than I ever remember it (except for that one crazy Friday night when I said to Gypsy that I'd quite like to switch the studio around and she said OK, let's do it and we were going till well after 3am the next day - it sure did look pretty bad right in the middle of that clean and switch around).  Also, before the weekend workshop, I actually had all the customer tables clear and cleaned.  One does however have to pull everything off the shelves to clear them out properly and give them a clean down, so it was inevitable that the tables would end up full of stuff.  It's bloody hard work - (Gypsy I'm appreciating your efforts all over again), but I know the end result will be worth it.  Once it's done, I can also start thinking about getting those floors done and then getting the new (to me) tables here and selling off these high ones.

I'm sure I'll thank the motivators later on when it's all finished and looking good, but right now I'm tired and sore, full of dirt and dust and have loads to go before tomorrow's class, so back to it!  Will post some photos once completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment