Sunday, August 8, 2010

Two For One Deal


That's what I got Friday night and although I gave two to get one, I definitely got the better deal!
Wendy took Taryn and Sam to an all ages rage at Zeal, where Ashley was playing and I.....
Got this wee bundle of joy!  See what I mean, great deal huh?
At first Vienna just played with some toys and watched Jayden play on the Playstation.  As she warmed up.  I took off her hat and we all had a giggle at her 'hat hair' which despite some smoothing by me, would not go down.  Then she decided to try her hand at the metal puzzles.  Jayden asked if I thought she'd be able to get them undone!

Then it was time for a bath, so i asked Jayden to go run one. Without me even telling him so, he was very conscious of the fact that the water would have to be a bit cooler than what he normally had (he likes real hot baths) and so asked me to come and check it a couple of times.  He wasn't too sure about undressing in front of her though, so he filled the bath with his clothes on! lol!  Then he hopped in and hid his bits.  I quietly laughed to myself and thought how funny it is when they suddenly start growing up and becoming self conscious.
They had a ball in the bath.  Vienna splashed like crazy and Jayden thought it was really funny. She would stand up, let go and plop back down with a splash.  She tried to climb up the end a couple of times, but it's sloped, so she had a difficult time of that and kept sliding back in.  Once she went in back first and just sort of lay there, quite comfortable laying in the water on her back.  
They must have been in there for 15 minutes at least.  Then Vienna let me know she'd had enough and out she came.
I must have been to slow at getting her nappy on, as she appeared to almost try and do it herself!  
Once dried and dressed in her nightie and Jayden in his PJ's, (with some Lawrence of Arabia thing going on with his towel and dressing gown tie - not sure Vienna knew what to make of that!), they both came out to the kitchen and shared some raisins. At first Vienna grabbed the bowl and tipped them all into her lap.  Jayden calmly says "Ah mum, I don't think I'm gonna get any of those"  I put them all back in the bowl and Jayden reached over and took just one out and Vienna followed suit.

Then Jayden went down to his room for a while and Vienna followed him.  He came back to the lounge, she followed him back and the played with some toys for a while.
The he tried to go to the loo, but she kept following him everywhere.  It was so cute.   
When it was time for Jayden to go to bed, he started reading Vienna a story and then I finished it off. 
I took Vienna back to the lounge and came back to tuck Jayden in, but....Vienna had other ideas.  She wasn't done visiting with her friend!

When Jayden was finally in bed and his door closed, Vienna decided it was time to check out the pantry. At first glance I thought she was going straight for the booze bottles, but then she made a left turn and went for the herbs and spices instead.

She really liked the tin of Bay leaves - especially how it sounded when she shook it and also the small foil packet of dried veges from the 2 minute noodles, which made an awesome noise when she squeezed it in her hands.
After all the exploring she was plum tuckered out, so a bottle and a walk in Taryn's room and off she went.  I got a nice snuggle with the sleeping baby for 1 and 1/2 hours, yummy!  
Just before Wendy arrived, she was starting to stir and as soon as mum arrived back, her ears pricked up and she was awake in no time.  Snuggle with mum, then jacket and hat on ready for the trip home.


Thanks for spending time with us.  We had a great night with you Vienna and you are welcome back any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment